For Potential Egg Donors
Thank you for inquiring into Fertility Resources of Houston’s Egg
Donor Program. The gift you are about to give is immeasurable. Fertility
Resources of Houston is proud to assist you in helping infertile couples
start a family of their own.
The women in need of donated eggs have one of several sources of infertility,
- Premature ovarian failure which causes little or no ovarian function
- Congenitally absent or surgically absent ovaries
- Women may have eggs, but the eggs have shown poor performance
- Genetic disorders
- Women may be survivors of Hodgkin's Disease or other cancers wherein
chemotherapy or radiation therapy has destroyed their eggs
In any of the above cases, the couples have experienced many years of infertility
and frustration. Be assured that the recipient couple has been thoroughly
screened for general health, psychological stability, HIV infection, syphilis,
and hepatitis B.
There are many advantages to signing up with Fertility Resources of Houston,
- We will help you during the entire process. We're available 24 hours a day.
- Wendy Froman was an IVF nurse for 15 years and can explain all the procedures
to you in detail from a medical standpoint.
- Fertility Resources has an excellent relationship with all the local fertility
doctors and can help guide you through their processes.
- Wendy can assist you emotionally because she has experienced infertility
and undergone many of the infertility treatments herself.
Steps to Become an Egg Donor
Your first question may be "What do I have to do to donate my eggs?"
Well here are the steps:
You must fulfill the following basic criteria:
- Between the ages of 19 and 32
- Within normal weight ranges
- If an IUD is in place, must be non-hormonal
Read the following materials about our egg donation program:
If you fulfill the above criteria, then we invite you to complete the online
Preliminary Egg Donor Application.
- If you pass the Preliminary Egg Donor Application, you'll be invited
to submit a more complete application.
Each facility’s nurse or patient coordinator will instruct you on
administrating injections and the timing of lab work and ultrasounds.
While you are undergoing the IVF regimen for donor oocyte (eggs), the
recipient will be placed on a hormonal replacement therapy.
*As an anonymous donor, your identity will be kept confidential. Know,
too, that the recipients will remain anonymous to you as well.
As a potential donor of oocyte, we know you may have several questions.
Please feel free to